Microsoft has announced new Teams-certified devices that make working remotely easier as organizations continue to adjust to the new reality of working from home.
In an official blog, the company said it worked with device partners to bring these new Teams-certified devices to market as part of its Microsoft device Certification program.
During normal times, the program helps organizations set up Teams Rooms. Now, the program is helping people working from home due to COVID-19.
These devices offer deeper integrations with Teams, including a Teams button on headsets and speakerphones to make joining a call or checking missed calls, and a premium microphone for open office environments.
New Teams-certified headsets
- EPOS has announced its wired IMPACT headsets that were previously certified for Skype for Business now offer a firmware upgrade to be certified for Teams. A call answer button and LED now serve as a Teams button so users can interact with Teams by pressing the button.
- Jabra introduces the Evolve2, a new professional headset with a dedicated Teams button to alert users of notifications and enables quick engagement with the platform. A certification for premium microphone for open office helps boost clarity.
- Logitech’s Zone Wireless and Zone Wired headsets, designed for busy workspaces, are now certified for Teams. Like the others, a Teams button allows users to launch or join a meeting. Both offer premium audio and call clarity. The Wired version meets Microsoft’s premium microphone for open office requirement.
- Poly now provides a dedicated Teams button for several of its headsets, including wired and Bluetooth devices. Some models have met Microsoft’s open office requirements. For existing Skype for Business-certified customers, you can expect a firmware upgrade to enable Teams integration with the hook switch.
Lenovo’s Teams-certified phone
Lenovo joins the Teams-certified phones group with its ThinkSmart View, an 8-inch HD display with an enterprise-grade microphone and speaker to help consolidate the meeting and calling experience.
Microsoft also announced several other meeting room accessories certified for Teams, including:
- Yearlink MVC900 Room System
- Bose ES1 Ceiling Audio System
- Logitech Room Solution powered by Lenovo ThinkSmart Edition Tiny
- Poly Trio C60
- Shure Microflex Advance MX910 ceiling array microphone, Microflex® Advance MXA310 table-top microphone and IntelliMix P300 audio conferencing processor.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!