Global IT trade association CompTIA has named 22 IT executives to serve on its Channel Development Advisory Group that is charged with promoting the value that the IT channel brings to the tech industry.
Council members include hardware manufacturers, software publishers, service organizations, distributors, telecommunications companies and technology solution providers.
The council, formerly the Channel Advisory Board, will collaborate with six other CompTIA advisory councils to identify relevant industry trends to bring new business opportunities to the channel, refine practices and standards and promote greater adoption and expansion of new technologies.
In a statement, CompTIA’s senior vice president for industry outreach Annette Taber said the IT channel has long been a partner to manufacturers looking to bring their products to the business marketplace.
“Evolving business models, the arrival of new market entrants, changes in customer buying patterns, and the emergence of new technology solutions have changed the competitive landscape,” Taber said. “While these changes haven’t diminished the need for the channel, they have created a void in education and relationships. Our Channel Development Advisory Council is creating new educational programs for emerging technology vendors and SaaS firms to help them better understand the value of the channel, assess their company’s channel readiness, and provide instructional playbooks on how to build a channel strategy.”
Here is a full list of the council members:
- Co-chair Jason Bystrak, D&H Distributing
- Co-chair Robert McFarlane, Sirius Computer Solutions
- Vice chair Juan Fernandez, ImageNet Consulting
- Aaron Acker, SmartSource, Inc.
- Tim Acker, T-Mobile
- David Beagle, Ooma, Inc.
- Mike Bettilyon, Telarus
- Jonathan Blakey, The 20 MSP Group
- Kim Cesena, Intermedia.net
- Becky Connolly, Hewlett Packard
- Greg Filardi, Red Hat
- Tony Francisco, CloudPlus
- Cindy Herndon, Riverbed Technology
- David Landsberger, Telecom Brokerage Inc.
- Nate Olsen, Insperity
- Salvatore Patalano, MindMatrix
- Daniel Pfeiffer, OrionVM
- Eric Pinto, SOCSoter, Inc.
- Tamara Prazak, AppGate
- Adam Slutskin, Liongard, Inc.
- Ryan Walsh, Pax8
- Scott Young, SYNNEX Corp.