Despite the market downturn, 2018 saw some major blockchain successes, including the advancement of EOS.IO protocol and the launch of WORBLI Network. WORBLI believes the hype cycle for blockchain may have already peaked, but it’s doing its part to maintain growth. WORBLI is an Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer (AML/KYC) compliant platform enabled by a scalable base layer protocol (EOS). WORBLI will be executing a global expansion plan in 2019 as a leader in revolutionizing the financial services sector through the benefits of blockchain and driving enterprise solutions and adoption of Blockchain.
Gartner, an information technology research and consultancy company, employs the “hype cycle” to identifies five stages of a technology’s life cycle:
- Technology Trigger: In this stage, a technology is conceptualized. There may be prototypes, but there are often no functional products or market studies. The potential spurs media interest and sometimes proof-of-concept
- Peak of Inflated Expectations: The technology is implemented, especially by early adopters. There is a lot of publicity about both successful and unsuccessful implementations.
- Trough of Disillusionment: Flaws and failures lead to some disappointment in the technology. Some producers are unsuccessful or drop their products. Continued investments in other producers are contingent upon addressing problems successfully.
- Slope of Enlightenment: The technology’s potential for further applications becomes more broadly understood and an increasing number of companies implement or test it in their environments. Some producers create further generations of products.
- Plateau of Productivity: The technology becomes widely implemented; its place in the market and its applications are well-understood. Standards arise for evaluating technology providers.
“In 2018, the hype cycle peaked and waned around most Blockchain Technology projects without the know-how to deliver and some clear winners are emerging, delivering value and gaining users. WORBLI is happy to stand among the winners; building our team and relationships with a global network of blockchain development companies and working on applications that will empower our base of verified global users,” says Domenic Thomas, CEO of WORBLI. “WORBLI has added top talent and we recently started to recruit for a dozen roles in Tech, HR, Operations and Marketing. We’re also partnered with top blockchain development companies and in 2019, The WORBLI Foundation and our partners will roll out applications that will reduce financial system friction and drive blockchain adoption.”
2019 is set to be an exciting year for WORBLI. There are over 30 projects currently in development on the WORBLI Network including:
- * an innovative trading platform designed to capitalize and optimize utility token insurance
- * a commodity tokenization platform
- * a prototype risk-transfer application built for the insurance industry