Red Hat has begun accepting submissions for the 14th annual Red Hat Certified Professional of the Year Award.
The annual award goes to a current IT professional certified by the open source software company, recognizing their hard work, expertise and ingenuity.
The award is also open to holders of a current Red Hat certification or certificate of expertise in eligible countries. Certifications must be current during the 2020 Red hat Summit event in San Francisco held April 27-29.
Submissions are being accepted until Dec. 2.
To be considered, applicants must answer questions about how they use their certified skills to deliver business impact and value to their company.
According to the company, judges are asking nominees to showcase how their skills using Red Hat solutions have helped them:
- Use Red Hat solutions to succeed in their current job
- Enhance their customers’ IT capabilities
- Boost their company’s or customers’ system performance
- Shore up their company’ or customers’ system security
- Deliver results to their customers or organization
Read Next: The Red Hat IBM Deal: What it Means for IT
Nominees will be judged by a panel of two executives:
- Ken Goetz, vice president of training and certification at Red Hat
- Randolph R. Russell, director of certification
This year’s winner was Jason Hiatt, the lead infrastructure developer at personal loan provider OneMain Financial. The company said he won due to his work using Red Hat technologies to build out a container platform to deliver applications that run on top of the platform.
That allowed the company to enable code changes, which ow take mere hours of minutes when they previously took weeks or days.
Other previous winners are:
- 2018 – Neha Sandhu, senior support engineer, Spark New Zealand
- 2017 – Orhan Biyiklioglu, systems administrator, Turkcell
- 2016 – Felipe Ceballos, technology leader, SEAQ Servicios
- 2015 – Carl Thompson, principal architect, Rockspace
- 2014 – Jorge Juarez Acevedo, IT manager, Banco Azteca
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!