Blue Planet, a division of Ciena, announces a new intelligent inventory automation solution that gives service providers a unified view of network and service inventory, helping to eliminate costly and tedious manual processes, according to the company.
The new Blue Planet INS solution reduces order-to-service fallout by up to 40% and speeds up the trouble-to-resolve process by up to 30%, according to Blue Planet estimates based on customer data.
Ensuring greater alignment across IT and network operations, INS helps service providers realize the vision of a network that can quickly adapt to ever-changing end user demands, driving greater efficiencies and faster time-to-market for 5G, video, IoT and more, the company says.
Testimonial for inventory automation solution:
“Across the globe, service providers are turning to intelligent software tools to eliminate fragmented and manual processes so that they can improve network operations and quickly roll-out new services. An accurate view of inventory will play a key role in helping providers to operationally transform and reap the full rewards of software-based networks. Blue Planet INS addresses this issue through a minimally-disruptive approach to discovering, federating and reconciling network/service and inventory data to create a single source of truth.” — Dana Cooperson, Research Director, Analysys Mason
What it does
- provides dynamic view of network assets and services across layers
- synchronizes resources with operational support teams
- discovers network equipment
- federates data into a unified view
- reconciles discrepancies and collects that data into reports
- interfaces with OSS and management systems
- adapts and takes actions when inventory changes are needed
Learn more here.