Logitech has announced a premier conference cam offering, Logitech MeetUp, this week. Designed specifically for small conference rooms and huddle rooms, MeetUp’s 120-degree field of view makes every seat at the table clearly visible during a meeting. With acoustics custom-tuned for huddle rooms and a compact all-in-one design that minimizes cable clutter, MeetUp is USB plug-and-play designed to work right out of the box.
“As companies move to open floor plans, huddle spaces are becoming increasingly popular in workplaces today. But until now, the devices in these meeting spaces have been scaled-down versions of large room systems, offering a subpar video experience,” says Scott Wharton, vice president and general manager of Logitech Video Collaboration. “Logitech MeetUp is purpose-built for the huddle room and its unique video and audio requirements, making sure everyone at the table is clearly seen and heard. It provides a truly remarkable collaboration experience.”
Logitech MeetUp is designed to work with virtually any video conferencing software application and cloud service, including Skype for Business, Cisco collaboration applications, and all Logitech Collaboration Program partners such as BlueJeans, BroadSoft, Vidyo and Zoom.
MeetUp captures a super-wide 120-degree field of view with the option to pan an additional 25 degrees to the left and right. A Logitech-engineered, low-distortion lens, UltraHD 4K optics, and three camera presets deliver a premium video experience. MeetUp has integrated audio optimized for huddle room spaces, delivering an exceptional sound experience. Three sound-isolating mics and a voice-optimized speaker help ensure everyone is heard as clearly as they are seen. MeetUp is Microsoft Cortana certified for precision voice commands with any Windows 10 system. For larger rooms, where meeting participants are more than eight feet from the microphone, customers may also purchase the Logitech Expansion Mic for MeetUp.
“In our recent State of the State report on Enterprise Video Conferencing, we estimates that there are 30-50 million huddle rooms globally, and that affordability, self service, and ease-of-use will be key factors for video adoption in these rooms,” says Andrew W. Davis, senior analyst and partner at Wainhouse Research. “Logitech MeetUp meets all the criteria for success in these meeting spaces. It’s a sleek, simple, and affordable solution that has been designed from the ground up for small conference rooms. Logitech’s prowess in audio-video for real-time communications combined with the all-in-one design of MeetUp makes it very easy for customers to extend their video conferencing deployments.”
Logitech also introduced its ConferenceCam Soft Remote, an app that easily turns a smartphone or tablet into a remote control for Logitech MeetUp. ConferenceCam Soft Remote features all the controls available on the Logitech remote. It is compatible with both Android and iOS devices and will be available in July free-of-charge from the Google Play or Apple App stores.
More from Logitech:
- Super-Wide 120° Field of View: MeetUp offers the widest field of view of any Logitech video conferencing solution, without any fisheye lens distortion. This allows everyone in the room to be seen on-screen, even those close to the camera or seated at the edges of the room.
- 3-Microphones and Custom-Tuned Speaker: Three broadside beamforming, omnidirectional microphones with noise and echo cancellation – plus a custom-tuned speaker – are specifically optimized for voice clarity in small conference rooms. The microphones are Microsoft Cortana certified for voice command precision with any Windows 10 system. An optional expansion microphone increases conversational radius even further in larger rooms.
- All-In-One Design: MeetUp’s compact, all-in-one form factor saves space and minimizes cable clutter.
- Razor-Sharp Optics: Advanced Logitech lens technology delivers remarkable, distortion free video quality with superb resolution, speed, fluidity, color balance, and detail.
- Motorized Pan/Tilt with Optical Zoom: The motorized lens smoothly pans and tilts, expanding the total field of view to 170° by 105°, while a 5X optical zoom lets you focus on participants and whiteboards with razor-sharp clarity.
- RF Remote Control: MeetUp’s paired remote control lets you adjust audio and camera settings from anywhere in the room, even without line-of-sight.
- Ultra HD 4K Image Sensor: Supports multiple resolutions, including 4K (Ultra HD), 1080p (Full HD) and 720p (HD) to best support the quality offered by your application and monitor.
Logitech MeetUp Camera:
– Width: 15.75 inches
– Height: 4.1 inches
– Depth: 3.35 inches
– Weight: 2.3 pounds
Logitech MeetUp Remote:
– Width: 3.25 inches
– Height: 0.375 inches
– Depth: 3.25 inches
– Weight: 2.5 oz.
Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
Mac® OS X 10.10 or higher
Google Chromebook Version 29.0.1547.70, Platform 4319.79.0 with:
– 2.4 GHz Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
– 2 GB RAM or more
– USB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 required for 4k video)
Works with any meetings solution that supports USB audio and video, including for example, BlueJeans, Cisco WebEx, Fuze, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Skype for Business, and Zoom.
2-year limited hardware warranty in AMR, EMEA and APAC