My TechDecisions Podcast Episode 194: May 2023 Patch Tuesday
Chris Goettl, vice president of product management at Ivanti, joins the podcast to discuss the May 2023 Patch Tuesday release from Microsoft.
On this episode of the My TechDecisions Podcast, we are joined again by Chris Goettl, vice president of product management at Ivanti, to discuss the May 2023 Patch Tuesday release from Microsoft.
IT administrators have a relatively easy May 2023 Patch Tuesday as Microsoft has released fixes for just 38 vulnerabilities in the company’s software products, however two are listed as being actively exploited. This is a very low security update count coming out of Redmond, Wash. with Microsoft issuing fixes for nearly half of the security bugs it fixed last May.
According to researchers, this month’s Patch Tuesday is Microsoft’s lowest volume since August 2021. However, there are still several bugs that should be addressed quickly. That’s where Chris Goettl offers his advice and expert opinion to help admins prioritize the more dangerous vulnerabilities and keep their organization insulated from cyberattacks.
Chris dives into detail on these vulnerabilities, as well as other topics:
- CVE-2023-29336 – Win32k Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability (actively exploited)
- CVE-2023-24932 – Secure Boot Security Feature Bypass Vulnerability (actively exploited)
- CVE-2023-29325 – Windows OLE Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2023-24941 – Windows Network File System Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2023-24955 – Microsoft SharePoint Server Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
Read our previous Patch Tuesday coverage!
Listen to this podcast using the embedded player below.
If you enjoyed this podcast and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!
Leave a Reply