You probably already have several great column ideas rattling around in your head. Right now they’re just passionate thoughts or well-marinated pet peeves. Turn those ideas into columns that will help other tech decision makers and write for MyTechDecisions.
We certainly take pride in our approach to journalism – our coverage of impressive technology projects, our resources for helping you create better RFPs (and better ROI), our perspective on where technology is heading and our focus on evolving our content for today’s digital audience.
An important complement to that is providing a platform for our audience, the folks who live breathe the challenges related to choosing technology solutions for an organization.
You care about what you do. Who better than you to present an idea, issue a challenge or pick a bone with the tech decision-making community?
Since we launched TD, we sought to be a voice for the folks who are in the trenches, choosing technology solutions for their organizations and taking responsibility for the return on investment. If you write for TD, you can amplify your own voice.
Some of my favorite MyTechdecisions articles have been written by tech decision makers like you.
Examples of Topics to Be Tackled by Tech Decision Maker Community:
- What keeps you up at night? What do you see as the biggest potential threats to an organization’s network and how can folks in the tech decision making community mitigate those concerns?
- How has the role of an IT professional changed during your career? Maybe you’re now charged with creating access control or unified communication and collaboration (UC&C) solutions for your organization. And how have you adjusted?
- How do you truly educate and get employees to take ownership of their role in the organization’s cybersecurity?
- What are your methods for choosing which vendors (AV, electrical, office design, communications, etc.) to work with? And yes, we’d welcome an opportunity to learn from your mistakes, as well.
- The video display industry is big on specs – HDR, 4K, 8K, you name it. What specs are actually important to you and your organization when rolling out video solutions?
These are just a few topic examples. We’re actually more interested in the ones that, as mentioned, are likely rattling around in your head.
How to Write for MyTechDecisions
You don’t have to be an executive, CIO, CTO or IT director (but you can be). You don’t have to be great writer (we are a team of editors). You just need passion for what you do.
If you’re interested in writing a column for MyTechDecisions, here’s how it works:
- Send an email to [email protected]; or web editor Alyssa Borelli at [email protected]
- We’ll kick around your ideas and discuss how to optimize them for our audience.
- We’ll give some direction, including a suggested word count and deadline.
- You’ll pour your thoughts into a column.
- Our team will edit as needed and help to position it for maximum impact.
- We’ll run significant changes by you to make sure you’re comfortable with your by-lined column before it gets posted.
- We’ll share it and promote it to TD
Are you ready to take a thought-leadership role in the tech decision-making community? If so, we’d love to hear from you — and so would MyTechDecisions’ audience.
Leave a Reply