Umbraco launches Umbraco Heartcore, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) headless content management system (CMS) for structuring and sharing content across multiple platforms, devices and channels.
The company says it’s made software development kits (SDKs) available to let app developers use the software language and platform of their choice to build an infrastructure for any website, smartphone, smartwatch or other smart (Internet of Things—IoT) device.
More from the company on headless content management:
Headless is defined as a back-end-only CMS built as a content repository that makes content accessible via a RESTful application program interface (API) for display on any device. While traditional CMS platforms are ideal for managing content on a single website, a headless CMS allows developers to create and maintain multiple digital platforms with synchronous content updates.
More Umbraco Heartcore features:
Umbraco Heartcore uniquely lets editors create a logical content structure so they can quickly manage, find and update large amounts of content.
More from the company:
- Greater flexibility when integrating new delivery formats and introducing advanced or mobile functionality to an application
- Decreased development time, deployment and user testing to get content in front of customers faster
- Enhanced security, including straightforward user management that ensures that each user only has access to relevant, permitted areas
- Overall better performance when deploying information to end users
- Immediate software and API upgrades through the Umbraco Cloud
In addition to the back-office, the system offers SDKs that allow any developer—even those who aren’t familiar with Umbraco—to use their chosen language to develop applications.
Heartcore is available for a 14-day free trial at Umbraco.com/heartcore.