Cloud security and SASE firm Netskope says it is launching a new Borderless WAN offering after acquiring Infiot, which it calls a pioneer in secure, reliable access with zero trust security, network and application optimization and AI-driven operations.
The Santa Clara, Calif.-based Netskope says the addition of Infiot’s technology as Netskope Borderless WAN will enable the company’s customers to apply uniform security and quality of experience policies to a wide range of hybrid work needs, including on site or remote offices, point-of-sale systems and multi-cloud environments.
Those capabilities will be delivered in a single architecture that uses one policy framework and console to help simplify operations and preserve network performance and SASE success, the company says.
When combined with Netskope Intelligent SSE, Netskope Borderless WAN is a fully converged SASE designed to address longstanding issues in the SASE market that often sees “piecemeal product sets that are spuriously marketed” as SASE, the company says.
However, most of those products are not natively integrated, don’t simplify IT environments and lack critical network and infrastructure transformation capabilities, Netskope says in its announcement.
The company says critical use cases of Borderless WAN include:
- Easy access to industry-leading Netskope Intelligent SSE services powered by the Netskope NewEdge infrastructure
- All-in-one intelligent access, routing, wireless WAN, network security, app assurance, and edge compute way to modernize, simplify and implement SASE architecture
- The ability to offload MPLS and eliminate costs by sending more traffic direct-to-net, eliminate backhauling and leverage fixed/mobile connectivity options (such as 4G/5G)
- Better guaranteed WAN connectivity to ensure end-to-end performance, from the “last mile” to the cloud or legacy data center
- Simplified operational overhead associated with running custom third-party applications
In a statement, CEO Sanjay Beri said IT, security and networking professionals agree that the explosion of data and devices and new communication and collaboration methods make the transformation of both networking and security a critical imperative for businesses and governments.
“It is in this transformation where Netskope is uniquely positioned to help customers with a fully converged SASE platform,” Beri said. “We’re very excited to introduce Borderless WAN, and to welcome Infiot to our growing team.”
Leave a Reply