Microsoft is releasing a new expert-level certification for cybersecurity architects that certifies a technology professional can design and evolve their organization’s cybersecurity strategy.
The Microsoft Certified: Cybersecurity Architect Expert certification, now available, will also certify that an IT professional can design a zero-trust and strategy architecture, evaluate governance risk compliance technical and security operations strategies, and collaborate with leaders and IT professionals to implement an organization-wide cybersecurity strategy, according to the company.
The certification is the first expert-level certification in Microsoft’s Security, Compliance and Identity portfolio, focusing on designing elements of a cybersecurity architecture and evaluating the tradeoffs between different solutions, per a Microsoft blog.
“The Microsoft cybersecurity architect has subject matter expertise in designing and evolving the cybersecurity strategy to protect an organization’s mission and business processes across all aspects of the enterprise architecture,” reads a description of the certification.
Those seeking Microsoft’s Cybersecurity Architect Expert certification should already have advanced knowledge of security, including identity and access, platform protection, security operations and securing data and applications. In addition, candidates should have some experience with hybrid and cloud implementations.
To earn this expert certification, candidates must pass Exam SC-100: Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect along with at least one of the following prerequisite exams:
- Exam SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
- Exam SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
- Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- Exam MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration
To prepare for the exam, Microsoft says IT pros should:
- Access the online self-paced learning path series to prepare on your own schedule
- Register for Course SC-100T00 to get structured learning from an instructor
- Review the SC-100 exam guide to get more details on key topics and skills measured
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!