Connectivity solutions manufacturer ATEN Technology is releasing a new KVM-over-IP switch to allow remote access of digital, video, audio and virtual media via remote control of a PC or workstation.
In a press release, ATEN highlighted the CN9600, its newest DVI KVM-over-IP switch that aims to provide users with a durable over IP server management solution that can help in this current climate of remote work due to COVID-19.
The company says the CN9600 can solve the challenges organizations are faced with when it come to remote work, like deploying solutions to a non-technical workforce, excessive software, unreliable internet access and a lack of remote accessibility features.
The product allows users to connect a laptop to the Laptop USB Console (LUC) port to access any computer connected to the switch for on-site management sans additional desktop equipment like monitors, keyboards and mice.
Read Next: ATEN Expands KVM Switch Series
The CN9600’s virtual media function allows users to perform diagnostic testing, file transfers and software updates from a remote console. Users can monitor and access servers from remote locations via standard web browsers or Windows and Java-based programs.
“ATEN’s newest KVM over IP switch provides point-to-point signal extension over IP, enabling users to simultaneously access different servers and virtual machines over the internet with low latency and without sacrificing performance,” says Aaron Johnson, senior product manager at ATEN.
“It is especially suitable for IT administrators who manage company servers, IT network and infrastructure for internal data center or server rooms.”
Other key features of the switch include:
- Secured remote data access with data encryption and advanced security features, such as LS 1.2 encryption and third-party authentication.
- Bios-level access with no software installation required and no virus concerns.
- Dual LAN and dual power for redundancy.
- High video resolution up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz for both local and remote consoles.
- FPGA graphics processor for better image and video quality and enhanced fps (frames per second) throughput for crisp video display response.
The CN9600 is available now through the company’s distribution and reseller partners for $,1062.