ATEN Technology, Inc. recently announced the expansion of its enterprise KVM solutions line with the launch of a new series of Secure KVM switches.
The 18 new secure KVM switches are compliant with PSS PP v3.0 (Protection Profile for Peripheral sharing switch, Version 3.0) and certified by the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP).
This ensures “high-level desktop security, protection, and data safekeeping for organizations in industries such as government agencies (e.g. Department of Defense, Department of Justice, CIA, military, etc.), finance and other environments using multiple computers with different security classifications,” according to the press release.
ATEN’s new PSS PP V3.0 Secure KVM switches “provide isolation between computer sources and peripherals while sharing a single keyboard, mouse, monitor, speaker set, and Common Access Card (CAC) reader between connected computers with various security classifications,” according to the announcement.
Compliance with PSS PP v3.0 “ensures peripheral sharing capabilities provide maximum user data security when switching port focus, preventing unauthorized data flows or leakage between connected sources,” according to the ATEN press release.
Key protections include isolation and unidirectional data flow, restricted peripheral connectivity and filtering, user data protection, configurable device filtering and management and tamper-proof design, “keeping sensitive assets isolated and providing advanced security and a user-friendly design for instantly secure deployment,” according to the company announcement.
ATEN’s new PSS PP V3.0 Secure KVM Switches “support multiple customer demands with options including two-port, four-port, and eight-port models and video interfaces including DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI,” according to the company press release.
The ATEN series of Secure KVM Switches “also provides customers with the flexibility to connect single or dual displays, providing up to 4K UHD (3840 × 2160 @30Hz) video quality,” according to the announcement.
Details of ATEN’s Secure KVM Switches
Key features of ATEN Secure KVM Switches include:
- Superior Video Quality: Supports resolutions up to 3840 x [email protected] with crystal clear image quality.
- Secure Port Switching: Port selection via pushbutton only to enhance security.
- Data Channel Isolation: Isolated channel per port to prevent data leakage between connected computers.
- Restricted USB Connectivity: Non-authorized HIDs (Human Interface Devices) or non-predefined CAC devices will be rejected/ignored.
- User Data Protection: Keyboard/Mouse data buffer is automatically purged when switching KVM port focus.
- Configurable Device Filtering: USB CAC Port can be configured to allow/reject whitelisted/blacklisted devices via admin logon function or Windows-based application.
- Administrator Configuration and Event Log Functions: User-friendly interface for authorized administrator to audit critical KVM operation logs and perform KVM switch configuration.
- Always-on Tamper-proof Design: The KVM switch becomes inoperable when physical tampering is detected.
“Cybersecurity attacks are increasing each year. With this in mind, the government requires reassurance that if a peripheral sharing switch or KVM is compromised, no usable data can be stolen from the device,” said Aaron Johnson, KVM product manager at ATEN Technology, Inc.
“PSS PP V3.0 certified products ensure that data leakage will not occur when switching between ports or classified to unclassified computers. ATEN’s new PSS PP V3.0 Secure KVM Switch series limits the connection of devices at the desktop level, ensuring secure remote authentication and access that meet U.S. government and military mandates.”
Click here for more information about the ATEN Secure KVM switcher series.