The pandemic’s disruption to the worldwide supply chain placed an immense strain on industries across all sectors. It is no surprise that organizations of all industries and sizes are looking to reimagine the system and find new and innovative ways to withstand future unforeseen setbacks.
As a result, supply chains are morphing into a web of interdependent partners, making a need for the right optimization platform more important than ever. Microsoft Dynamics 365, a set of interconnected, modular SaaS applications and services designed to transform core customer, employee and business activities, provides companies with advanced technology, continuous improvement and the resilience needed to help combat a break in the supply chain through functionality and strategy.
Creating an Agile Supply Chain with Microsoft Dynamics 365
Utilizing AI, IoT, augmented reality (AR) and advanced analytics across businesses and industries continues to be one of the many keys to mitigating supply chain issues. Customers are also turning their attention to inventory management, waste management and other environmental factors to find more sustainable approaches and, in turn, create circular supply chain models. With this shift, intelligent and fluid supply chain management through cloud-based optimization is top of mind for companies in every sector.
Read: Tech Companies Announce Cyber Security Initiatives at White House Meeting
By implementing software like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, companies can connect their businesses seamlessly, predict disruptions and quickly respond to problems. The platform helps to create flexible manufacturing and distribution processes; maintain business continuity while being profitable through on-time product delivery; optimize resource planning; and adapts to changing business models, customer relationships and online presence.
Having a program of this nature in place also helps businesses improve manufacturing operations, modernize warehouse management, boost production performance, streamline the supply chain and extend asset life. Specifically, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management software is superior when compared to other product offerings due to:
- Optimized Fulfilment: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management satisfies the logistical needs of global companies with a distributed order management solution. It can improve delivery by optimizing and automating inventory, warehousing, fulfillment, material procurement, and the supply chain with advanced analytics.
- Boosted Warehouse Productivity: The platform also allows users to create and maintain effective warehouse procedures for quick and accurate order picking and packing. Companies can access instant on-hand stock awareness with the ability to connect to third-party systems seamlessly and securely.
- Enhanced Product Pricing: Dynamics 365 helps users with the cost valuation and accounting for raw materials, semi-finished goods, finished goods and work-in-progress assets. It effectively assesses the cost implications of each product and places an order in advance, including all component and manufacturing expenses which in turn enhances product pricing.
- Streamlined Customer Returns: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management keeps track of every returned item and the reason for it, giving users valuable information that can help in reducing future returns.
- Seamless Order Tracking: Microsoft Dynamics allows users to track orders, while also providing visibility of unit counts, pricing, delivery and payment information. This enables users to keep track of quality inspections, picking cycles and the most cost-effective delivery routes once the orders have been placed.
- Real-Time Inventory Intel: Dynamics 365 also permits users to get real-time inventory information from partners and warehouses, which helps to fill the distribution centers with the proper mix and quantity of products. By using this information, companies can optimize delivery by managing containers, loads, vehicles and routes to lower costs and increase profit margins.
- Quality Control: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management enables businesses to adhere to strict product standards at every level. Users are able to predict and ensure efficient production lines by managing product revisions in addition to predicting and resolving quality issues with engineering change management.
- Fine-Tuned Transportation Systems: Users can manage containers, loads, vehicles and routes to meet deadlines and exact delivery slots seamlessly through Dynamic 365.
- Real-Time Communication: Since Microsoft Teams is optimally integrated with Dynamics 365 ERP, enterprises have access to its series of advanced communication protocols that assist with managing networking issues, file sharing, instant messaging and document collaboration.
- Omni-Channel Sales Enablement: Companies are also able to easily enable different omni-channels to increase their B2B and B2C customer reach.
Efficient Supply Chains Take Shape When Companies Move Beyond the Reactive Stage
While many organizations aspire to achieve a superior level of supply chain management, many are still lacking due to inadequate technology. In order to truly reimagine supply chains, the system must be viewed more granularly.
Adopting Microsoft Dynamics 365 enables entities to assess both big picture and granular data insights and offer a systematic approach to a robust and digitally optimized supply chain through strategy and functionality.
Leave a Reply