Look, you work in IT, so we don’t need to sell you on the merits of office IoT devices: they’re intelligent, they’re flexible, and they’re capable of transforming any tech-savvy office into a “smart office.” But not everyone — especially not budget-conscious CIOs — would agree there’s a place for them there.
Convincing anyone of the merits of such a new category of technology isn’t easy. Between IoT privacy concerns and some extreme applications which border on the strange and downright silly, it’s understandable why IoT office automation is an often tricky subject to broach.
Still, IoT office ideas for SMBs like the ones in this article are worthy of considering. They can make the employee work life more enjoyable, more efficient, and certainly free of any more pesky wires.
How to Make Sense of Investing in Your Office
Whenever you need an outside firm to develop a new system for your company, getting the specifications right is crucial to ensure you:
- Get what you need
- Have a system that integrates well with other systems
- Don’t make costly changes after work has begun
- Get the work done on budget and on time
- Experience a beneficial return on your investment
For that you need a request for proposal (RFP). And “The Technology Manager’s Guide to Creating a Technology RFP” walks you through the questions to ask and the many factors to consider so you can have a successful outcome.
The topics covered in this guide are broken down by category: A/V tech, IT tech, and Security.
Useful office IoT links:
- Internet of Things Business Challenges and Best Practices
- A Case for Cloud-Based Access Control
- Infographic: How The Internet of Things Will Change Your Life
- The Value of Connected Applications to Industrial Internet of Things