Moxa, a manufacturer of industrial networking, computing and automation solutions, launches the EDS-P506E-4PoE Series of PoE switches.
Each of the new switch’s four ports deliver up to 60W to power IP cameras employing energy-draining functions such as p/t/z, illumination, heaters, wipers and fans, according to the company.
The switches also feature built-in smart PoE powered device (PD) detection, plug-and-play integration, device-level cybersecurity, remote control and the capability to monitor powered devices.
Moxa says the EDS-P506E-4PoE’s feature set qualifies it to meet the operational requirements of intelligent transportation systems, traffic monitoring and public utilities, among others.
SFP fiber ports can transmit data up to 75 miles from the device to the control center with high EMI immunity, while its two Gigabit combo ports support high-bandwidth communications, according to the company.
“When deploying multiple IP surveillance cameras on industrial networks, there are several advantages to deploying PoE solutions as opposed to using separate power and Ethernet lines,” says Jackey Hsueh, product manager of Moxa’s industrial Ethernet infrastructure division. “Owners need to carefully consider specific features when selecting an PoE switch in order to meet their requirements, such as a high-power PoE design, available bandwidth, fault recovery features and last but not least, cybersecurity protection.”
- 2-port Gigabit and 4-port fast Ethernet with PoE+/60W functionality
- Up to 60W output per PoE port
- Supports 12/24/48 VDC wide input voltage
- Web-based smart PoE tool for easy operation and monitoring of PoE powered devices
- Cybersecurity features based on the IEC 62443 standard
- 4 kV LAN surge protection and -40 to 75°C operating temperature tolerance
- Supports MXstudio industrial network management suite for large-scale deployments and management
- Compliance with the IEC 61850 and IEEE 1613 standards