It seems like almost every company is coming out with their own home automation hub. The latest entry into the smart home market is the Eaton Home Automation Hub.
Eaton says that its Home Automation Hub is a solution that provides professional integrators, home builders and homeowners the ability install and control a variety devices.
“As connected home demand continues to increase, builders are challenged to deliver reliable, intelligent devices that can integrate into a central hub, which can add significant complexity to the home building or remodeling processes,” states Grayling Love, product line manager, Eaton.
“With the introduction of the new Eaton Home Automation Hub, we hope to dramatically increase the adoption of connected home technology and educate builders and contractors that installation doesn’t have to be complicated.”
Some of the products and systems the Eaton Home Automation Hub is capable of integrating with include Honeywell Lyric thermostats, Kwikset locks, Denon wireless whole-house audio systems, Clare Control security devices, and Eaton’s own Z-Wave based lighting control products.
Eaton Home Automation Hub Features Enable Ease of Use
The Pittsburgh-based power management company explains that it engineered the Home Automation Hub to not only install easily, but for homeowners to easily operate the product and their various connected devices once installed.
Outlining a selection of features built into the Home Automation Hub, Eaton adds the product incorporates these options:
- The Home Automation Hub provides control of a home’s lighting, security systems, locks, garage door openers, thermostats, cameras, entertainment networks and other components through a single app
- Integration of the Home Automation Hub simplifies the control of popular security systems
- Eaton states that integrators can install the hub with Z-Wave products with ad-hoc WiFi capabilities and mobile app capabilities
- The user interface is designed to work with different ecosystems with support for voice-control options
- Through its remote access capabilities, the Home Automation Hub allows homeowners to remotely access their systems without having to pay monthly subscriptions
This article originally appeared on TD sister publication CEPro.