Avid, a global media company that supports the creation, distribution and monetization of content, has introduced its new Media Production suite that expands its MediaCentral platform.
The new Media Production suite is a solution that Avid explains scales from as little as two users to an organization of thousands and provides news, sports, post production and live broadcast teams the ability to create and deliver content efficiently.
“MediaCentral continues to be a game changer for the industry,” states Dana Ruzicka, vice president and chief product officer, Avid. “We’ve taken the technology in iNEWS and Interplay, refined over the past 20 years for the world’s biggest media organizations, and have put it all on the platform and moved it into the modern cloud era.”
“What makes this huge is that now any media professional can access these tools. It doesn’t matter how big or small their teams are. They just select the apps they want, switch on the modules they need, and customize their workflow with a wide array of media services and partner connectors. And they have the option to deploy wherever they want—either on premises, in a data center, in the cloud or any hybrid combination. Nothing else comes close to the flexibility, efficiency and agility MediaCentral delivers.”
Avid Streamlines MediaCentral Interface
Helping users to easily navigate its range of features, MediaCentral now incorporates a task-oriented graphical user interface (GUI) that runs on any device and operating system.
Some of the features that users can access through its Cloud UX interface include MediaCentral Browse, which that allows for the search and analysis of content, and the MediaCentral Search that facilitates global searches.
More features found with the MediaCentral addition include an Edit tool which lets users create edited stories, short lists, markups, and basic editing. Other modules include Editorial Management, Production Management, Newsroom Management, Graphics Management and Asset Management.
Supporting its array of tools and media creation and publishing capabilities is a full array of media services.
MediaCentral’s media services options include:
- Orchestrate: A process management service that can be customized to maximize workflow.
- Content Transformation: Automates file transfers and format conversions to enable users to browse and edit proxy files from any location.
- Audience Engagement: Enables content creation teams to collect, filter, moderate and integrate content with traditional programming.
- Distribute: Streamlines and unifies content distribution across devices.
- Cognitive Services: This service applies machine-learning algorithms to content libraries to automatically index libraries to allow for the extraction of streams of time-based metadata.
Avid concludes its explanation of its new MediaCentral platform by stating it offers centralized system administration, centralized media indexing, enterprise software deployment, and a flexible infrastructure management layer to enable administrators to scale resources.