In an effort to streamline connected manufacturing processes even more, Plex Systems has new cloud-based products and enhancements. The updates are intended to help businesses reduce costs, automate recurring processes, and provide greater visibility and control.
“Plex is relentlessly focused on product quality, performance, and availability, delivering solutions that anticipate today’s needs while innovating for the future of manufacturing,” says Richard Murray, chief product officer, Plex Systems. “Plex continues to be a pioneer in cloud manufacturing, working to connect all areas of the business to deliver operational visibility and deliver the information needed to make strategic decisions throughout the organization.”
The new product releases and enhancements include:
- APIs for Business Management Transactions: Features integration for business management transactions such as chart of account maintenance, general ledger activity, and time and attendance.
- ECR to Procurement RFQ: The engineering change request (ECR) to procurement request for quote (RFQ) enhancement gives manufacturing engineers the ability to make requests for sourcing new parts directly within an ECR.
- IntelliPlex Upgrade: This update to Plex’s business-intelligence (BI) application delivers a greater selection of charting, visualizations, and faster, more flexible report design capabilities.
- Lot and Heat Supplemental Shipping Documents: Adding new features to dynamic printing, this enhancement makes it easy to understand which supplemental attachments a user should print in addition to main shipping documents. The automatic detection and presentation of important documents to include for shipping streamlines the process.
- Multi-Entity Truck Shipping Module: This module enables enterprises with multiple plants to reduce logistics costs by providing better visibility and management of customer delivery requirements as well as electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions.
- Plex Mobile: Plex’s native mobile app enables a manufacturer’s workforce to handle business-critical shop floor and administrative responsibilities in real-time from mobile devices. Enhancements have been made to cycle count, manage container, manage master unit and move, and part search functions.