Education technology is going to significantly change the way students are educated in 2017 and beyond.
That isn’t to say education technology hasn’t already significantly changed the classroom. If you take a look at a conventional classroom in the 1950s versus the same classroom today, the differences would be apparent. Digital signage, computers and mobile devices are only some of the tools that educators utilize in the tech-savvy classroom of the present.
As time rolls towards the end of the 2016-2017 academic year and beyond, that change isn’t going to slow down. The ways classrooms function, look, and use technology are going to continue to change.
Some of the main changes to education technology include:
- New Classroom Culture – How faculty view and utilize education technology.
- Increased Comfort With Technology – Instructors are working to increase their comfort with utilizing education technology in the classroom.
- More Talk About Tech – Colleges and schools are talking to each other more about what solutions work for them, which ones don’t, and how to adjust
- Built-In Is Getting Better – Instead of incorporating education technology as an add-on in a classroom, schools and colleges are having itbuilt into them
- Moving to AV Over IP Solutions – AV over IP solutions will step in, especially in a higher education setting
- Getting a Bigger Blend – In some classrooms, solutions are blended together to give faculty and students a better teaching, learning and communications experience
Check out our slideshow to learn what technology experts in education as well as the providers of these technologies have to say about where technology trends in the classroom are headed in the next five to ten years.