ManagedMethods, a Google G Suite and Microsoft 365 cybersecurity, student safety, and compliance platform for K-12 schools, has launched its new Google Classroom monitoring and reporting features.
The announcement of the newest features comes after the May announcement of the company’s Google Meet monitoring and reporting capabilities. Using ManagedMethods, IT administrators can monitor which Google Meet sessions students have joined, create Meet attendance reports for teachers, and view any Meet sessions with no teacher or administrator in attendance.
“The current circumstances due to COVID-19 have rapidly transformed K-12 education, and brought with it new cybersecurity and student safety challenges. Schools are relying on Google Meet for video conferencing and Google Chat for communications,” said Charlie Sander, CEO of ManagedMethods. “Our new Google Meet and Chat monitoring functionality will give IT teams more insight into school meetings to better protect sensitive data, secure remote learning, keep meetings private and students safe.”
With the newest features, district IT teams have the ability to track Google Classrooms from the same cybersecurity and student safety platform monitoring their other G Suite for Education applications, says the company.
“K-12 education is undergoing a major shift as students and teachers begin the school year in remote or hybrid learning environments. For IT admins, this is creating new technology, access, and security challenges,” said Sander. “Our new Google Classroom features will give IT teams the visibility and control needed to support teachers during these challenging times, while protecting students when learning remotely.”
District It administrators can now use the following features:
- Easily identify Classroom access from unauthorized countries, regions and IP addresses
- Automatically scan Classroom announcements for student safety risks, including cyberbullying, self-harm, explicit content, and personally identifiable information
- View students not enrolled in assigned Classrooms and students enrolled in Classrooms they shouldn’t be in
- Compile reports of all Classrooms in a G Suite environment, who created them, and view both active and archived Classrooms
- Quickly see who is the owner of a Classroom and easily transfer ownership to a new teacher or administrator
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!