CaféX Communications, a leading supplier of mobile and web engagement solutions, introduced Chime at Enterprise Connect 2016, after announcing the product last week. Chime is a next-generation software that makes intuitive video collaboration available to all business users for up to 70 percent less than today’s systems. A finalist for this year’s Best of Enterprise Connect Award, Chime connects to existing video conferencing systems and fulfills WebRTC’s open promises by reaching every user securely on every browser with no software to install.
“We’ve witnessed some of the limitations of WebRTC and have come up with ways to address a lot of those issues, and now even start applying that towards more of the broader UC and collaboration play, which is really where workforce collaboration comes into play,” says Sajeel Hussain, Chief Marketing Officer for CaféX. “That’s where Chime comes in. So we’re really excited to be announcing that at Enterprise Connect and showing it to the world.”
Enterprises often face a number of challenges when deploying video conferencing products, such as high bandwidth consumption, expensive MCU ports, complex architectures and incompatibility between systems. Users usually have to download additional software, which in turn needs to be managed and updated on an ongoing basis. Chime is a new kind of collaboration solution that breaks down these barriers to help foster improved teaming, productivity and innovation. Key features and benefits include:
- Reduces total cost of ownership by as much as 70% over today’s video conferencing systems
- Helps teams collaborate from anywhere with voice and video conferencing, web chat, document and presentation sharing
- Fulfills promises as yet unmet by WebRTC with delivery of real-time communication for every browser with no software to download or manage and no video transcoding
- Requires up to 75% less network bandwidth for video traffic and optimizes MCU port usage by 50%-80%
- Protects existing enterprise investments by connecting to video conferencing room and desktop systems from Cisco, Microsoft and other leading platforms
- Flexes to support cloud or on-premises architectures with monthly subscription pricing to ease onboarding by large enterprises down to small business
- Provides a simplified architecture that ensures secure connectivity through the firewall, with server consolidation and no required footprint in the DMZ
“Chime is a pervasive collaboration solution. It is a beautifully intuitive app that you can launch from any browser – I would even say all browsers, nothing is left out – without having to download any special software. Zero downloads. This can offer not just video collaboration, but also things like voice, video chat, presentation sharing, document sharing, and this will be supported across mobile and web,” says Hussain.
“What we’ve done with Chime is address all of these issues,” he adds. “We’ve come up with our unique IP and technology that addresses all these issues which allows people on every browser to get onto a conference and do all of these things without having to download anything. We can do this at literally one fourth the network resource, so that means 70 percent savings to the enterprise. And we can do this in a simpler way where nothing is in the DMZ. So firewall traversal is a breeze, and you don’t have to go through the IT audits. It’s still secure, but nothing is in the DMZ, it’s all in the green zone. There are tons of advantages that enterprises can have with Chime, and it’s all packaged into a nice little application.”
CaféX is showcasing live demonstrations of Chime—along with the complete portfolio of CaféX real-time engagement products—at booth 329 during Enterprise Connect 2016.