My TechDecisions Associate Editor Zachary Comeau speaks with Rick Focke, director of product management for access control at Tyco Software House, a brand of Johnson Controls, about its new iSTAR Ultra G2 Cyber-Hardened Controller.
In the video above, Rick Focke dives into what makes the product secure, why security is important in access control systems, and more.
iSTAR Ultra G2 Cyber-Hardened Controller Features
- Powerful cyber-hardened network door controller for up to 32 readers
- Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) provides advanced hardware-based cybersecurity protection
- Hardened Linux embedded OS for improved security and scalability
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) module features PoE+ to power the GCM
- Up to 1M cardholders in local memory
- Dual GigE network ports with IPv6, DHCP and 802.1X support
- Embedded lock power management lowers installation costs
- Advanced controller-to-controller communications for cluster-based anti-passback and I/O logic
- Onboard 256-bit AES network encryption
- Supports OSDP Secure Channel for encrypted reader communications
- Supports Embedded High Assurance FICAM operation without third-party hardware
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!