FLIR Systems announces the Saros line of security cameras, its next-generation outdoor security product line that combines multiple traditional perimeter protection technologies into a unified solution.
The FLIR Saros camera line enables commercial businesses to implement state-of-the-art outdoor intrusion detection in a cost-effective manner, according to the company.
FLIR says Saros can not only reduce the cost of initial deployment by minimizing the amount of equipment required, but also reduces false positives with built-in advanced analytics, expanding the outdoor perimeter protection market for security alarm monitoring companies.
A single Saros camera includes:
- Multiple FLIR Lepton thermal sensors – Provides the ability to deliver wide-area monitoring regardless of unfavorable lighting or weather conditions
- High-definition optical cameras – Option of 1080p or 4K resolution to realize accurate visual identification of intruders
- IR and visible LED illuminators – Ability to deter intruders with white light illumination
- Advanced onboard analytics – Accurate target detection and classification, to help reduce false alarms
- 2-way audio and digital input/outputs – Enables real-time audio response
The FLIR Saros platform features end-to-end encryption for setup, web and video streams, and configuration lockdown after initial setup for increased tamper prevention. FLIR Saros also eliminates the need for port-forwarding, so devices are less exposed to remote security attacks, according to the company.
Flir Saros is also said to be designed for easy installation, taking only 60 seconds to mount. The backbox can be installed in advance and protected with a weatherproof cover until the camera body is mounted. A mobile app allows for quick setup of network and analytics calibration.
“FLIR Saros, equipped with multiple FLIR Leptons, represents a new security paradigm for wide-area commercial locations that face the threat of loss,” says James Cannon, president and CEO of FLIR. “FLIR Saros products open new business opportunities for both central monitoring stations and security integrators looking to distinguish themselves in the industry. The Saros family is an important addition to FLIR’s security portfolio and supports our goal of innovating technologies that increase perception and awareness to support professionals in decision-making that saves lives and livelihoods.”
Initial FLIR Saros models – in both dome and multi-imager form factors – will begin shipping in North America and Europe in the third quarter of 2018 through FLIR’s established network of dealers and integrators.