ZeroNorth, the a provider of risk-based vulnerability orchestration for apps and infrastructure, announces a new solution for Rapid Application Security, enabling customers to quickly stand up software security initiatives with open source vulnerability discovery tools.
The company says their solution is ideal for companies seeking to rapidly deploy new application scanning capabilities, while evaluating long-term deployments of commercial tools.
ZeroNorth Rapid Application Security features:
- Customers can quickly enact new vulnerability scanning capabilities, while scoping requirements and plans for commercial deployments
- Initiate software and infrastructure scans
- Incorporate scan results into a dashboard view for infrastructure and business application owners, as well as coordinating management and remediation processes
The ZeroNorth solution provides open source options for exploring emerging areas of vulnerability testing—such as container security and cloud management—or augmenting those technologies not yet covered by commercial tools, the company says.
Specifically, the solution embeds open source products directly within the ZeroNorth platform, providing software composition analysis (SCA), static application security testing (SAST), dynamic application security testing (DAST), container security and cloud management.
Use cases described by the company:
- New or Maturing AppSec Programs– Digital transformation means software is every business’s competitive differentiator; development teams must launch new and updated applications at increasingly faster pace. However, security struggles to keep up. The ZeroNorth solution enables CIOs and CTOs to establish and accelerate security initiatives by leveraging a comprehensive set of scanning capabilities, across both developmental and operational phases of software’s lifecycle.
- Supply Chain Security – Businesses of all sizes rely on third-party software, including SaaS platforms and OSS, to scale, compete and best serve customers. However, third-party software may introduce significant risk if vulnerabilities in those technologies have not been addressed. The ZeroNorth solution provides visibility into supply chain and vendor security, balancing the need to leverage third-party software and providing vulnerability detection to manage risk.
- Product Security – Companies selling software, including the increasing number where software is a key component of their products, have a responsibility to ensure that attackers cannot exploit their product or compromise their customers. The ZeroNorth solution provides product development and product security teams visibility necessary to proactively build security into – and actively manage risk in – deployed products.
To learn more about the ZeroNorth solution for Rapid Application Security or to request a demo, visit https://go.zeronorth.io/RapidAppSec.