SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Cerebral Inc., the leading online provider of psychiatric and behavioral therapy services, announced today the launch of a new transformation program – Cerebral Core – which will allow the company to fully realize its mission to increase access to high-quality mental health care services at scale to those who need them.
“This transformation program reflects a renewed focus on strengthening the foundations of Cerebral,” said Chief Executive Officer David Mou, MD, MBA. “We are confident that the planned initiatives will drive more sustainable growth and stability, while further delivering our mission to democratize access to high-quality mental health care for all.”
In order to achieve these goals, Cerebral Core relies upon four overarching pillars that mark the company’s key objectives:
- Core patient experience – This transformation will enable delivery of high-quality evidence based treatment at scale for some of the most common mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and ADHD through innovative initiatives and other approaches. Cerebral will also improve the user experience by growing its in-network insurance offerings and pioneering value-based care in behavioral health.
- Clinical quality and integrity – Cerebral will comprehensively review internal practices and policies to enhance clinical safety and quality of care and reinforce responsible marketing. Cerebral will also expand its treatment program and grow its services supporting those with alcohol use disorder, opioid use disorder and other substance use disorders. The transformation will also allow Cerebral to increase reach, awareness, and accessibility of its behavioral therapy offerings, thereby promoting more holistic care and stronger clinical outcomes.
- Clinician effectiveness and enablement – Cerebral will provide clinicians with improved tools, systems, processes, and information-sharing to promote a more frictionless clinician experience and further enable delivery of strong clinical outcomes.
- Operational and technology optimization – Cerebral will assess its clinical operations, client support, clinical support, and pharmacy team structure and processes to optimize for greater clarity, simplicity, and efficiency. Additionally, Cerebral will make engineering investments to ensure its technology scales with its business needs, while further improving patient recordkeeping, privacy and security.
“In its first two years, Cerebral has grown impressively into what we see today: an amazing team of thousands of professionals, all committed to the mission of improving access to quality mental health services,” said Kevin Oliveira Callender, PhD, Head of People at Cerebral. “With the Cerebral Core transformation, we look forward to our next phase in development – a process that will make Cerebral a stronger, more impactful provider of high-quality mental health services that meets the needs of current and future patients.”
Since Cerebral’s launch in 2020, the company has provided mental health care to more than 400,000 patients. Cerebral has also achieved industry-leading patient outcomes:
- 82% of Cerebral patients say they have noticed an improvement in their anxiety symptoms after starting at Cerebral.
- 75% of patients who reported improvement in their depression see results in 60 days.
- 50% of patients who initially report suicidal ideation no longer harbor suicidal thoughts after treatment with Cerebral.
Get more news and information about Cerebral at news.cerebral.com.
Cerebral’s mission is simple and straightforward: To improve access to long-term, high-quality mental health care to all. Unlike traditional mental health care, Cerebral is accessible, convenient, affordable, and free of stigma. With several full-service monthly subscription plans to choose from, members receive online access to prescribing providers, behavioral counselors, and talk therapists—all from the comfort of home or anywhere else with an internet connection. Visits are done via video chat, and members can message their care team directly. Members can even receive medications delivered straight to their door (if prescribed). For more information, visit cerebral.com.