With momentum gathering around artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality and devices such as Amazon Alexa, Internet of things research firm Parks Associates and AVIXA are partnering to create a platform at InfoComm 2018, Integrated Life program, focusing on the trends’ impact on connected entertainment and smart ecosystems.
InfoComm 2018 takes place June 2-8 in Las Vegas.
The two organizations will collaborate to produce the inaugural Integrated Life program.
In a press release, Parks Associates lays out a case for augmented reality, virtual reality and wireless solutions already making a tremendous impact on how people communicate and consumer entertainment and information:
“Many of the new smart devices consumers are bringing into their homes are impacting their entertainment habits-nearly 50 percent of Amazon Alexa owners use this device to stream music and audio,” says Elizabeth Parks, senior VP, Parks Associates, in the press release.
“This use case has gained traction because of the product’s ease-of-use, and many of these voice-enabled personal assistants are serving as the access point between consumers and true AI. We look forward to working with AVIXA on the Integrated Life program at InfoComm 2018 to explore the trends in the connected entertainment and smart home ecosystems.”
What’s Happening at InfoComm 2018?
The new Integrated Life program will take place June 5 at the Westgate Las Vegas, adjacent to the Las Vegas Convention Center where InfoComm 2018 takes place.
“This program will bridge the gap between consumer and commercial by exploring how technology, allows us to experience personalized, secure and uninterrupted lives” – Jason McGraw, AVIXA.
According to Parks Associates’ press release, it’s one-day thought-leadership event focuses on the crossover opportunities between the commercial and residential audiovisual markets.
The Integrated Life sessions will address trends, technologies, business models, and forecasts for the AV market through interactive panel discussions and presentations.
“We are excited to collaborate with Parks Associates to introduce the Integrated Life program atInfoComm 2018,” says Jason McGraw, CTS, CAE, senior VP of expositions, AVIXA, in the press release.
“As our daily routines become more seamless between work, home, school, at play and on the go, there’s a growing need for integrated technology solutions to offer continuity from space to space.”
“This program will bridge the gap between consumer and commercial by exploring how technology, such as artificial intelligence, voice first, automation, augmented and virtual reality, Internet of Things and security solutions, allows us to experience personalized, secure and uninterrupted lives.”
Integrated Life sessions, moderated by Parks Associates analysts, will cover an array of hot-button topics on the technologies creating a connected environment in both the consumer and commercial markets, including AI, voice-first products, automation, controls, smart lighting, robotics, and security.
More research from Parks Associates:
- Annual U.S. consumer sales of connected devices will reach 442 million by 2020.
- Nearly 50% of U.S. broadband households use a personal assistant through an application or dedicated device.
- 67% of U.S. broadband households own at least one Internet-connected home video entertainment device for streaming content to a TV screen, including smart TVs, game consoles, and streaming media players; 44% of all U.S. broadband households own two or more such devices.
- 45% of U.S. broadband households have a smart TV, which is the most popular and commonly used device for streaming for TV-based viewing, followed by streaming media players; 82% of smart TVs owners now connect their sets to the Internet.
- Over 70% of U.S. broadband households stream music on a connected device; 33% of U.S. broadband households owned a streaming media player as of Q1 2017.
- 42% of new security system installations include a smart home device
InfoComm 2018 attendees can learn more about Integrated Life by visiting this site.