Singularity University (SU), a global community with a mission to educate leaders to apply exponential technologies to address humanity’s challenges, announces its two newest products:
- On-Demand Classes, the company calls these “affordable” and “bite-sized” learning opportunities on topics like security and hacking, artificial intelligence, and human healing
- Uncommon Learning, a “personally adaptive virtual reality (VR) training system” with neuroadaptive features
On-Demand Classes, a new series of online content, is made up of 2-3 hour classes developed by global experts in conjunction with SU around specific areas of expertise.
“The pace of change will never be slower than it is today, and humans will experience unprecedented changes in their lives in the next decade,” said Tammy Lakes, executive vice president of online learning and digital business at SU.
“With On-Demand Classes SU is able to educate, inspire and provide deeper insight into these changes on a scale that is affordable and global.”
On-Demand Classes will be updated monthly on SU.org and start at $100. Current available classes include:
- Surpassing Limitation with Khalil Osiris and Dr. Makaziwe Mandela
- How-to-Hack for Kids…and Executives with Nico Sell
- Symbiotic Systems: Designing an Inclusive Future with John Wise
- Transforming Business With Nature with Francisco D’Elia
Uncommon Learning is a personally adaptive virtual reality training system where users will learn new skills in an immersive environment and their training experience will be modified based on individual performance as well as biometric data including brain response, heart rate and eye tracking.
“We all learn differently; even individual needs change moment by moment, and yet traditional training methods are rigid and remained unchanged for decades, ” said Kyle Nel, executive vice president of Uncommon Partners Lab.
“Uncommon Learning combines immersive virtual reality with adaptive features made possible with neuroscience and machine learning technologies to create a holistic training system that is more effective and drives higher employee confidence and performance.”
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!