Eaton announces the North American launch of its 9PXM uninterruptible power system (UPS), a scalable, modular backup power solution for a wide range of data center, industrial and commercial applications.
The 9PXM UPS features plug-and-play power and user-replaceable battery modules, which the company says can give data center operators and IT managers a flexible solution for delivering backup power that can scale to meet their needs.
“From edge data centers and colocation facilities to commercial and industrial facilities, IT managers need versatile backup power that meets their businesses’ unique requirements,” says Graciano Beyhaut, senior product line manager, Eaton. “We’ve engineered the 9PXM UPS with a modular and versatile design that allows these users to start small and expand as their business needs grow, all while maintaining a compact footprint.”
The 9PXM’s high power rating, small footprint and rack conversion capability make it well-suited for a range of IT applications. The solution’s online double-conversion technology, Eaton’s advanced battery management (ABM) technology and high-efficiency mode deliver high levels of reliability with a low total cost of ownership in the 4-20 kVA range, eliminating customers’ need to compromise reliability for efficiency, according to the company.
Eaton 9PXM UPS Features:
- Smart extended battery module (EBM) technology that can sense the need for battery replacement
- Hot-swappable power and battery modules, said to reduce service calls or redundant system bypass
- Compact footprint to save equipment space and allow for deployment in tight spaces
- Compatibility with 4-post or high-density racks, power distribution units (PDUs) and network gear for seamless integration into IT infrastructure
- Universal slots for extended runtime in a single chassis