The organizers of the annual Digital Signage Expo trade show and educational conference recently announced the finalists for its APEX Installation Awards for 2016.
The annual DSE APEX Awards are designed to recognize and honor achievement in the installation of digital displays and interactive technology and the creation of compelling viewer content, the announcement said.
As these digital signage installations and the content they display go hand-in-hand, and the lines between the two are becoming less and less distinct, the Installation and Content Awards will now be presented in a single category, organizers said.
This year’s 27 APEX Award finalists were chosen by an independent panel of 13 industry experts and journalists from a field of 155 entrants from 11 countries vying in nine major digital signage categories. Jonathan Blackwood, Managing Editor of TechDecisions, served as a judge for the awards. “This year’s Apex award nominees were all very impressive,” says Blackwood. “I was lucky to be able to judge them, and it wasn’t easy. I’m excited to learn which projects get the gold.”
Arts, Entertainment and Recreation
- BARCO for ShowBiz Cinemas Baytown 10
- SET for Palais de Tokyo
- Westbury National Show Systems for Winter Festival of Lights – Oaks Hotel, Niagara Falls, Ontario
Business and Government Services
- Cineplex Digital Solutions for Scotia Plaza
- JP Morgan Chase for JP Morgan Chase Headquarters
- Omnivex Corp. and Radiant Technology for Cardinal Health
Education and Health Care
- Intermedia Touch for Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
- Level 3 Audio Visual for Saint Xavier University
- Second Story, part of Sapient Nitro for John J. Hemmingson Center, Gonzaga University
Event Venues and Hospitality
- Dreambox Visual Communication Inc. for CityScape Global
- McCann Systems for Viacom
- Westbury National Show Systems for Pepsi Center
Food and Beverage
- Cineplex Digital Solutions for CF Markville
- GDS Inc. for Starbucks Corp.
- Stingray Business for Fogo Restaurant
- BARCO for Daimler Truck North America at Hoover Dam
- Digital Kitchen for Microsoft Corporate Office
- ZEBRADOG for Livsreise
- Pearl Media for JetBlue Airways at 555 Sixth Street
- Second Story, part of Sapient Nitro for Times Square 4K Screen Launch of Vornado Realty Trust
- Technomedia Solutions for Grand Hall Experience at St. Louis Union Station
- FGL Sports for Maple Leaf Square Sport Chek
- MaxMedia for AT&T – Art Institute Chicago
- RMG Networks for Virgin Money
- ANC and MTA Arts & Design for Fulton Center
- Art of Context for Boston Logan Airport (Massport)
- Pearl Media for Times Square Station
Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be presented in each category as part of the free Networking Reception and APEX Awards ceremony, 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, March 16, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. DSE will also present the APEX Installation and Content of the Year Awards to two of the Gold finalists.