Audio device maker Sennheiser and camera tracking solutions provider 1 Beyond, released a new voice-activated camera tracking solution for rooms of any size: classrooms, boardrooms, multi-purpose meeting spaces and more.
The new cameras leverage the audio quality and accurate beam position information provided by the TeamConnect Ceiling 2 (TCC2) microphone array combined with 1 Beyond’s camera positioning algorithm to offer close-up shots of people speaking in a room, whether they are seated or standing anywhere in a room.
Read Next: UNLV Pilots New Hybrid Classroom Model
Multiple ceiling microphones can be combined to cover larger spaces and up to 12 cameras can be placed anywhere to get the best camera angles regardless of where the speaker is located.
Some of the distinguishing features of the solution include:
- An intelligent switching algorithm: with multiple cameras the remote participants see broadcast style cuts and no camera movement
- Auto-configuration based on a room design: No camera presets need to be set manually
- Customizable shot widths: the installer can select how tight or broad the camera angles should be
- Ability to distinguish between seated and standing participants: uses the microphone’s reported height as well as horizontal position of the talker
- More possible camera angles per microphone: The beam can point to up to 700 unique positions giving more precise audio location information
- Multi-source layouts: show wide shot of room along with active speaker for context
- Discussion mode that shows the two most recent talkers in side-by-side
“1 Beyond offers advanced camera tracking that pairs perfectly with the TCC2 microphone array,” said Charlie Jones, global alliance and partnership manager for Sennheiser in a statement. “Unlike other products in the market, the TCC2 does not limit the number of zones you can use for camera tracking. This allows the real-time positional information from the microphone to automatically switch the cameras to the optimal view, regardless of where the speaker is located in the room, ensuring a lifelike meeting and classroom experience for remote participants. 1 Beyond has even automated the system setup resulting in a system that is extremely powerful while still easy to deploy.”