When images from cameras can be easily combined with other video elements, engaging, useful content can be created for presentations. To help enterprises do just that, Sony introduces its first Artificial Intelligence (AI) based Edge Analytics solution, the REA-C1000.
The compact and lightweight REA-C1000 uses its advanced AI-based video analytics technology to analyze the input it receives from connected cameras and automatically extracts the object in focus to combine it with other images in real time. This technology using motion/face detection and color/shape recognition, effectively makes the REA-C1000 the brain of any connected camera and A/V setup, allowing education, government and corporate organizations to cost-effectively create professional, engaging content for presentations that keep the audience engaged.
According to a statement by Sony, the REA-C1000 technology can detect and react to the gestures of audience members participating in a presentation. For example, when an audience member stands up, the REA-C1000 can trigger the camera to electronically auto-zoom in to that person, which is particularly useful in education environments to measure students’ reaction and in corporate presentation settings such as during a Q&A session.
The following optional features can be added to the REA-C1000:
- Handwriting Extraction and Presenter Overlay which allows audiences to clearly see written content and diagrams, as well as the presenter’s gestures and expressions;
- PTZ Auto Tracking accurately and smoothly tracks a presenter, keeping them in frame and focus;
- Close-up by Gesture which detects and reacts to the gestures of audience members in real time
- Chroma Keyless CG Overlay extracts the presenter and overlays them onto any background without a dedicated green screen (planned to be available in Fall 2019); and
- Focus Area Cropping offers an overview image in 4K and a cropped image in HD (planned to be available in Fall 2019).