SMART kapp iQ is the newest addition to the SMART kapp product family by SMART Technologies. Kapp iQ is a sleek, ultra-high-definition display that enables collaboration in the classroom. It combines the simplicity of the “walk-up-and-use” quality of the original kapp whiteboard with a multi-way, multi-device collaborative experience.
SMART kapp iQ connect via any Android or iOS device. Users can also invite any Web-enabled device to join for real-time collaboration. Anything written on the display is immediately shared with anyone, without the need for IT involvement or the need to connect to a school network, meaning SMART kapp iQ is less costly to maintain than most front of the room displays. Because SMART kapp iQ uses the same panel technology as the SMART Board 6000 series, many existing customers will be able to retrofit their boards to acquire the power of kapp iQ.
Key Features of SMART kapp iQ
- Digitally save work – no need to take pictures of the display
- Walk up and use – pick up a pen and start writing on the display
- Share whiteboarding content in real-time to any device, even other SMART kapp iQ displays
- No complicated configuration or IT involvement required so less costly to maintain
- Re-open whiteboard files in future meetings
- All remote participants can contribute to the whiteboard in real-time
- Different ink colors to make ideas visually come to life
- Upgrade to the Plus subscription to unlock features that enable even more effective collaboration
SMART kapp iQ will be available in June 2015 in two sizes. The 55″ model will have an MSRP in the U.S. of $3,999. The 65″ model will have an MSRP in the U.S. of $4,999. Prices in other countries will vary.