Schneider Electric announces the release of the latest version of EcoStruxure Access Expert, a single integrated system that allows data and controls for many building functions to be accessed within a single interface.
The platform can connect systems throughout the building, including lighting controls, power monitoring, building analytics, UPS and critical power monitoring with a range of security systems, including access control, CCTV, alarm management, photo ID badging, intrusion detection and mass notification, according to the company.
Available on both mobile and desktop, Schneider Electric says EcoStruxure Access Expert allows building security professionals to quickly and easily communicate with building occupants, monitor security cameras and manage visitor access while on the go, while viewing data on operations across the rest of the building and collaborating with multiple operations teams.
Access Expert integrates access control and building management systems (BMS) on the BACnet protocol. This is said to allow Access Expert customers to fully leverage the potential of their buildings and protect their existing infrastructure by enabling legacy technologies to be upgraded to today’s features and standards.
“As today’s building staff are being asked to continue to perform at optimal levels while energy prices rise and budgets shrink, it is clear that smart buildings are the wave of the future,” says Steven Turney, security program manager at Schneider Electric. “Using open protocols, web services, open APIs and IoT, Access Expert v3 improves the collaboration of teams across multiple departments while still allowing each to remain independent by merging together traditional security offerings with building automation platforms.”
- Direct HTML5 linking into Access Expert to manage:
- Credentials and access rights
- Schedules and elevators
- Visitor management
- Import feature for controller information from Access Expert into EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Binding of controller objects within EcoStruxure Building Operation to provide:
- Remote release, door open, door secure mode changes
- Facility, door lockdown, secure override
- Intrusion detection status
- Alarm management and acknowledgement
Additional new features include:
- HTML5 web environment
- Global I/O
- Multi-screen support
- Windows Applet for logon
- Active directory integration over LDAP protocol
- Visitor management
- Visitor management kiosk in Cloud
- Custom report builder