Qolsys, a provider of security and smart home technology, announces the availability of the IQ Remote. The IQ Remote is a 7” secondary touchscreen tablet with a built-in camera that supports full security, life safety and Z-Wave control.
Qolsys says the IQ Remote provides additional secondary full-feature access to the IQ Panel 2 security and smart home system.
The IQ Remote provides a way to arm and disarm the IQ Panel 2 and control Z-Wave devices including lights, locks, thermostats and garage openers from other home locations.
“The IQ Remote delivers a modern industrial design and user experience,” says Mike Hackett, Qolsys senior vice president of sales and marketing. “By pairing the IQ Remote with the IQ Panel 2, Qolsys dealers can support larger homes and multiple entry points while providing a consistent experience. We are excited to release the IQ Remote with our recent 2.1 software update supporting additional features only available on the IQ Panel 2.”
The IQ Remote is released in conjunction with the 2.1.0 software update for the IQ Panel 2. The 2.1.0 software activates the IQ Panel 2’s built-in camera as an activity motion sensor, adds a “Manage My Home” page to the IQ Panel 2 interface allowing the end user to check system health by ensuring WiFi connectivity and checking for software updates, according to the company.
2.1.0 software also introduces “Night Time Mode” which includes custom settings for sleep/wake functions and individual settings for chimes, voice and display allowed on each installed IQ Remote during evening hours.
The IQ Remote is not compatible with the first generation IQ Panel.
IQ Remote Features
- 7” touchscreen with swipe based navigation that mirrors the IQ Panel 2
- Built in camera for disarm photos
- Photo frame screen saver
- Over the air software updates
- Voices and chimes that mirror the IQ Panel, alerting users when doors or windows open, or doorbell rings
- Emergency panic (police, fire, medical) easily accessible from the home screen
IQ Remote Specifications
- Dimensions: 4.25″H x 7.5″W x .33″D
- Screen: Glass capacitive 800 x 480
- Power Supply: Input 100-240VAC 0.3A/ Output 5V 2000mA
- Speaker: 1W x1
- SD Card Slot: Micro