Emergencies often happen without warning. While no one wants to think about these unfortunate occurrences, we must be prepared. Your organization should have a clear, proficient plan of action for when disaster strikes. Digital Signage helps businesses prepare by providing communication onsite and integrating with emergency responders. When a predicament occurs, communication needs to be the first step. Digital signage acts as a fast, effective mass notification medium.
The Four Steps of Crisis Management:
Reduce damage risks by avoiding dangerous situations. Create ‘Prevention Campaigns’ to play on all signage during regular days. Focus on the process of handling worst-case
scenarios. These campaigns can play in a cycle with other channels daily, to ensure their message reaches all audiences.
- Incorporate tips for preventing fires.
- Supply information for public transit, shuttles, or taxis.
Include health tips
- Warn the site of low or high temperatures.’Stay Hydrated’ or ‘Dress in layers.’
- Supply contact information for security if suspicious activity is witnessed on site
- Create informative slides that teach viewers how to use defibrillators or administer CPR
Instill a chain of command should for each crises category. Create multiple escape routes to ‘safety-zones’ in case of obstructions. Integrate these plans into your digital signage as automated alerts during an event.
- Customize campaigns to point out where to find the nearest first aid kits in proximity to each Digital Sign.
- Use Wayfinding integrations to inform users of fire escape routes.
- Dedicate slides that identify floor/area/department leaders who will account for employees and patrons.
- Create instructional slides to teach viewers how to use or assemble necessary equipment, like fire extinguishers.
Response is the term for how to put plans into action during an event. With the Alert Integration, your message is automatically displayed on the signage in the case of an emergency. This allows the staff to take care of their number one priority- the patrons. Instead of communicating via email and phone, the Alert Integration lets the sta make use of their preparations and focus on establishing a recovery plan.
Recovery relates to how to regain normalcy after a situation. Each emergency requires a different recovery plan. After the event, the Alert Integrations will stop and regular campaigns will resume. This helps the environment to resume regularity. Workplace activities should return to their typical schedule during this time. With the Alert Integration, automated emergency information is transmitted to the appropriate outlets. Businesses can rest assured that they are fully compliant. The integration uses the fastest communication channels to notify employees and patrons in the event of an emergency. With proper preparations, digital signage is the most effective way to reach everyone.