Over half of small businesses in the U.S. said they’ve experienced some kind of cyberattack within the past 12 months, says a Hiscox Cyber Readiness Report. Yet many lack a way to alert, diagnose, and solve these security concerns in a holistic way — and for a reasonable price. Recent funding gained by Defendify, a SaaS-delivered cybersecurity platform provider, allows them to expand their services nationwide.
Led by private investors with participation from Maine Technology Institute (MTI) and early stage cybersecurity industry investor 3dot6 Ventures, Defendify says their platform is comprehensive enough that channel partners don’t need to build a technology stack, yet simple enough to be onboarded in minutes.
“You really do need to have policies with multiple layers in place to have a comprehensive cybersecurity platform, and what we’ve done is put all of that in one place,” says Rob Simopoulos, Co-Founder of Defendify.
Their Solution Has Major Backing
Recent funding of $1.6 million from Maine Technology Institute (MTI) and early stage cybersecurity industry investor 3dot6 Ventures will help Defendifiy expand its team to include more customer solutions and engineering experts.
What the Defendify Cybersecurity Platform Entails
“Unlike any other product on the market, Defendify features multiple layers of ongoing protection to continuously improve security posture in a fast-changing threat landscape,” the company says in a press release. As small businesses grow and threats continue to evolve, Defendify “scales easily to provide continuous protection.”
Some features include:
- A health checkup tool – generates a questionnaire for users which provides a broad overview of their organization’s potential security risks
- Policy builder
- Incident response plan builder
- Cultural tools – the “human element of cybersecurity,” including tools like a monthly phishing simulation which lets users test their employee’s verification best practices
- Scanning tools – scan network devices for vulns
- Darkweb scanning – stolen password scanning tool which scans the darkweb for email addresses