IT managers may have one less thing to manage on a day-to-day basis when it comes to printing. HP has announced HP Print flex, a new managed cloud-based subscription plan for hybrid work environments.
The new managed print service (MPS) subscription plan is aimed at helping businesses optimize costs by simplifying management, improving productivity, and delivering flexibility to scale or customize as business needs change. Businesses can worry less about printing.
“After a year and a half of unprecedented change, it has become abundantly clear that flexibility is paramount,” says George Brasher, general manager and global head, print services and solutions, HP Inc. in a statement. “With this in mind, we have taken the complexity out of managed print services and made it as simple and seamless as possible. In fact, customers don’t even choose a plan. Our innovative Smart Plan adjusts automatically to the best cost option based on what was actually printed, so IT departments can focus less on overseeing printing services and more on what really matters.”
The HP Print Flex plan will automatically adjust month-to-month to ensure users get the best cost option based on actual volume printed.
The subscription includes the following:
- Supplies auto replenishment proactively schedules supplies delivery before you run out
- Break fix services with 2-hour call back and next business day onsite support if not resolved
- Short-term one year commitment with automatic renewal
- HP Roam so workers can print securely from virtually anywhere
- All printers consolidated in an analytics dashboard and billed under single contract
- A page is a page; plans do not differentiate between mono and color
- The Wolf Security pack ensures endpoints are configured with the right security settings
The HP Print Flex program is currently being piloted with select resellers and customers in the US, UK and Germany. The company expects the program to be available in Spring of 2022.