Is your IT network sluggish? Is it difficult to stream 4K content while other employees are sending emails? Are electrical outlets in hard-to-reach places? If you answered yes to any of these questions, your business is a prime candidate for a POE+ compliant network.
The networking protocol is gaining steam as the networking choice of enterprises large and small, and L-com, an Infinite Electronics brand, is doing its part by releasing a new series of universal sub-panels that feature PoE+ compliant jacks.
The new USP panels feature either two or four ports (RJ45 jacks) that support 802.3at PoE+ applications. Compared to its predecessor 802.3af, 802.3at power sourcing equipment (PSE) can provide almost twice as much power over a single Ethernet cable.
Some of its advantages of this type of network include:
- Delivery of data AND power over one Cat5e/Cat6 Ethernet cable. PoE precludes the need for AC/DC power supplies and outlets.
- Ethernet is standard in most buildings, so there’s no need to spend the money to rewire.
- Increased network efficiency
- Cables for IP devices and small, out-of-the-way networks can be boosted for distances beyond 100 meters/ 300 feet for a single device through the use of PoE injectors.
- Data delivery rates are now at 1 Gbps (10/100/1000 Mbps) over Cat5e and Cat6. The new IEEE 802.3bz standard has the capacity to deliver speeds of 2.5 to 5 Gbps over 100m with an immediate view toward 10 Gbps.
Options in this new series include shielded and unshielded versions of our 110-style tool-less PoE+ jacks mounted Keystone-style or in our ECF-style mounting flanges. Each panel is constructed from rugged, cold-rolled steel and is designed to fit into L-com’s six-bay, UPR35-6B universal master rack panel.
“These new sub-panels with PoE+ support are a perfect addition to our already extensive offering of universal sub-panels. With more of our customers requiring support for PoE+ applications, we can now offer several new sub-panel options to address their connectivity needs,” says Manuel Martinez, Product Manager.
L-com’s new PoE+ compliant universal sub-panels are in stock and available for immediate shipment.