Is your IT network sluggish? Is it difficult to stream 4K content while other employees are sending emails? Are electrical outlets in hard-to-reach places? If you answered yes to any of these questions, your business is a prime candidate for a POE+ compliant network.
The networking protocol is gaining steam as the networking choice of enterprises large and small, and L-com, an Infinite Electronics brand, is doing its part by releasing a new series of universal sub-panels that feature PoE+ compliant jacks.
The new USP panels feature either two or four ports (RJ45 jacks) that support 802.3at PoE+ applications. Compared to its predecessor 802.3af, 802.3at power sourcing equipment (PSE) can provide almost twice as much power over a single Ethernet cable.
Some of its advantages of this type of network include:
- Delivery of data AND power over one Cat5e/Cat6 Ethernet cable. PoE precludes the need for AC/DC power supplies and outlets.
- Ethernet is standard in most buildings, so there’s no need to spend the money to rewire.
- Increased network efficiency
- Cables for IP devices and small, out-of-the-way networks can be boosted for distances beyond 100 meters/ 300 feet for a single device through the use of PoE injectors.
- Data delivery rates are now at 1 Gbps (10/100/1000 Mbps) over Cat5e and Cat6. The new IEEE 802.3bz standard has the capacity to deliver speeds of 2.5 to 5 Gbps over 100m with an immediate view toward 10 Gbps.
Options in this new series include shielded and unshielded versions of our 110-style tool-less PoE+ jacks mounted Keystone-style or in our ECF-style mounting flanges. Each panel is constructed from rugged, cold-rolled steel and is designed to fit into L-com’s six-bay, UPR35-6B universal master rack panel.
“These new sub-panels with PoE+ support are a perfect addition to our already extensive offering of universal sub-panels. With more of our customers requiring support for PoE+ applications, we can now offer several new sub-panel options to address their connectivity needs,” says Manuel Martinez, Product Manager.
L-com’s new PoE+ compliant universal sub-panels are in stock and available for immediate shipment.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!