When your business needs to process and analyze data at the edge, limited bandwidth and intermittent network connectivity can really slow things down, risking productivity and efficiency.
The BullSequana Edge computing server from Atos has been designed to be used securely for the Internet of Things (IoT), in environments in which fast response times are critical – such as manufacturing 4.0, autonomous vehicles, healthcare and retail/airport security – where data needs to be processed and analyzed at the edge in real-time.
The embedded BullSequana Edge server securely manages and processes IoT data, close to the source where it is generated, so that it is treated immediately. It analyzes and runs Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications in real-time for instant insight, so that actions and decisions can be made swiftly to optimize operations.
“The exponential growth of IoT devices and how to best manage the consequent explosion of data is a challenge faced by many businesses today. To manage and harness this mass of data to our advantage, in a post-cloud era, we need to embrace edge computing.,” says Pierre Barnabé, senior executive vice president, Head of Big Data & CyberSecurity Division at Atos. “Atos brings together its expertise and experience as a leader in cloud orchestration, high-performance computing, cybersecurity and AI, to develop a unique edge computing product – the BullSequana Edge – which empowers businesses to take full advantage of the data deluge.”
- Optimum security and privacy: both the data and the physical server are protected by an advanced chain of security measures.
- Immediate responsiveness: data analysis in real-time.
- Autonomy: reduced dependence on cloud and datacenter availability and connectivity, ensures that apps are not disrupted in case of limited or intermittent network connectivity. The BullSequana Edge can communicate via radio, GSM or Wi-Fi.
- Interactivity: both multi-source and multi-format data can be analyzed in real-time.
- Cost–effective: reduced datacenter infrastructure and networking costs.
The BullSequana Edge can be purchased as a standalone infrastructure or together with a software platform, such as Atos Edge Computer Vision, Edge Data Analytics, or in a container system such as Atos Edge Data Container. The BullSequana Edge is Microsoft Azure Certified for IoT.