AMX has launched an update of its cloud-based Rapid Project Maker installation software. The software is designed to help the installer speed installation. For example, according to the company, programming a simple control system of a TV, laptop, switcher and DVD player would take 20 minutes using RPM rather than the standard 20 hours. Version 1.2 adds the number of products supported for installation and enhances project reporting.
The new version of RPM includes”
- Support for Modero X 19-inch and 20-inch touchpanels
- Support for DXLink Transmitters and Receivers
- Support for Enova DVX-2150, DVX-2155 and DVX-3155 all-in-one presentation swichers
- Support for the low power mode in Enova DVX all-in-one presentation switchers
- Support for ClearConnect Occupany/Vacancey Sensor in the AMX Light Control by Lutron line
- Broader video teleconferencing configuration options, enabling devices to support dual outputs
- Enhanced project reports with the inclusion of cable diagrams
RPM simplifies single room deployments and automatically adjusts to the technology and functionality a user selects each time a project is configured. Because RPM is cloud-based projects are managed online at AMX.com. This allows for the sharing of information across an organization and reduces on-site service calls, according to the company. The software also creates installation and purchasing documentation as well as complete controller code and touchpanel files in order to make the configuration process more convenient.
For more information AMX has prepared the following video: