Innovation is alive and well when it comes to sustainability and energy efficiency—at least if Schneider Electric has anything to do with it. The leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation has deployed a new program, Schneider Electric Ventures, with the sole purpose of identifying, nurturing and supporting innovations that will have a major impact to future sustainability and energy efficiency.
Schneider Electric made good on its promise recently by making equity investments in six companies:
- Sense, the leader in load disaggregation technology
- Element Analytics, a leader in industrial big data analytics
- Habiteo, a 3D specialist for new residential housing
- QMerit, the “Uber” for contractors & MRO spend
- KGS, a predictive engine for just-in-time maintenance
- Claroty, the leading Cybersecurity company for industrial OT networks
At its Innovation Summit North America, Nov. 13-14, 2018, in Atlanta, Schneider Electric announced some major projects developed by “Schneider Electric Ventures”:
- eIQ Mobility, a start-up and spinoff from Schneider Electric Incubator, which enables and accelerates electric mobility at scale by providing “Electric Fleet as a Service ” to large commercial fleets.
- Clipsal Solar, a business venture for on-grid and off-grid solutions for residential and commercial applications in Australia, where 1.8 million homeowners have installed solar panels to help manage their energy bills. The market is forecasted to grow with additional 134,000 homes by 2021.
- Greentown Labs Bold Ideas Challenge in partnership with Greentown Labs, focused on fast-tracking entrepreneurs with the mentors, team members, grants of $25,000, and business and technical resources they need to launch successful ventures.
“Schneider Electric Ventures is our way of helping innovators turn their vision into reality and make a real difference to the way we live and work,” says Schneider Electric Chairman and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire, at the Innovation Summit North America. “Schneider Electric Ventures demonstrates our commitment to innovation, helping innovators and entrepreneurs who share our values develop their ideas and gain access to global markets.”