Fixed broadband speeds are growing faster and faster. Still, that doesn’t mean that fixed broadband services are completely failsafe. Connections are dropped, interruptions occur, leaving customers with an unreliable communications medium. In an effort to mitigate inherent issues with broadband, NetComm has launched an Enhanced Hybrid LTE Gateway. It combines the best of both communication worlds: fixed broadband and wireless 4G LTE.
Available to customers on the Australian National Broadband Network or the New Zealand Ultra-Fast Broadband Network, the dual-mode device will enable operators to connect newly signed customers to high-speed LTE broadband services immediately with no delay while they are waiting for their fixed-line connection to be activated.
The solution will accelerate deployment and ensure that customers are never without a connection. “A delayed activation means and unhappy customer, so the immediate 4G connectivity provided by the Enhanced Hybrid LTE Gateway is a big win for customers and network operators,” says Els Baert, director of marketing & communications at NetComm.
This always-on connectivity will be particularly attractive for the SME business market where customers need to have the peace of mind of constant high-speed connectivity to support the needs of their business.
“Broadband customers also hate being offline–even for a short time–so the 4G back-up on the Enhanced Hybrid LTE Gateway provides a great way for operators to deliver a seamless always-on connection to keep their customers happy,” Baert continues.
The Enhanced Hybrid LTE Gateway includes the following features:
- Fully featured hybrid LTE/ DSL gateway
- VDSL2/ ADSL2+
- Embedded 4G LTE Cat 4 / 3G module
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet WAN port
- New generation 802.11 AC1600, dual band concurrent WiFi – designed to provide a powerful wireless network
- 2x WPS push buttons for the quick and easy connection of wireless devices on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
- External SIM card slot
- VoIP for HD quality voice calls — can connect up to 2 telephones
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 LAN ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- Device performance monitoring and management through TR-069