Forming a new alliance in the audio recording market, the Zoom Avid partnership also introduces an audio software solution called Pro Tools First.
The companies say the newly-formed collaboration provides users with a collection of software tools that can be used to record audio anywhere.
“We are delighted and honored to join forces with Avid,” comments Massimo Barbini, chief marketing officer, Zoom Corporation.
“Our U-series audio interfaces are priced within reach and provide great mobile solutions for creators working on laptops and iPads. Combined with Pro Tools First, we’ll give music creators the ability to make music like the pro’s do.”
Zoom Avid Partnership & the U-Series
The streamlined Pro Tools First solution is available to those who purchase Zoom’s U-44, U-24 and U-22 products.
The companies explain that after purchasing one of the U-series products, users can register and download the latest version of Pro Tools First.
In addition to the free software offer, the companies will team up throughout the year to showcase Zoom products working with Pro Tools at commercial AV trade shows and other professional audio events to demonstrate the capabilities of their collaboration.
“The quick trip to Pro Tools with its valuable collection of software and effects is a great way for those getting started with Zoom products to expand their audio creativity.”
Zoom U-Series at a Glance
- The U-44 is a pocket-size audio interface that runs on batteries
- The U-44 works with Macs, PCs and iOS devices
- The 24-bit/96kHz U-44 includes a choice of connections
- The U-24 is similar to the U-44, but instead of offering a choice of four inputs the U-24 offers two inputs
- The most affordable of the three U-series products, the U-22 is a single-channel interface that includes an XLR analog input, RCA outputs, and USB connectivity