Leyard and Planar will be showcasing the Planar LookThru Transparent OLED Display, June 12-14, at InfoComm 2019 in Orlando, Fla. The 55-inch display makes it possible to create see-through installations with a virtually frameless glass design by utilizing cutting-edge Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology, eliminating the needed for a backlight or enclosure. With 38 percent light transmissivity, the glass delivers all the benefits of interactive digital signage while allowing consumers to see the product or scenes behind the display.
Suitable both as a standalone product and for tiled installations, the 55-inch display is ideal for a wide range of applications including retail merchandising, corporate displays, museum exhibits, award and trophy cases, and tradeshow exhibits.
“The customer demand for a next-generation Planar LookThru display has been truly unprecedented,” says Steve Seminario, vice president of product marketing at Leyard and Planar. “We’re thrilled to announce this new product, which brings to life the amazing variety of creative designs our customers envision for their organizations.”
The next-generation Planar LookThru offers the following benefits:
- Brilliant picture quality. Offers vibrant colors that, at 120% NTCS, exceed the standards set by the National Television System Committee. The emissive OLED display provides wide viewing angles with excellent no off-axis contrast and brightness, and full HD resolution.
- High performance. Equipped with a 4K@60Hz DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity that includes HDCP 2.2 content protection compliance. Installations are fully controllable using RS-232, LAN and other control systems. The display is also compatible with leading processing and source routing solutions.
- High durability. Features Planar ERO-OLED™ (Extended Ruggedness and Optics) technology that uses a proprietary process to bond protective glass to the front surface of an OLED display. The result is a highly durable display surface that can withstand the rigors of high-traffic environments.
- Flexible configuration. Can be used in either portrait or landscape orientations. The display can be mounted on tables and ceilings and built into custom fixtures. It can also be tiled to create large, attention-grabbing video walls using DisplayPort video loop through.
- Easy set-up. Comes fully assembled and ready to connect to a source, making set-up quick and intuitive. Optional accessories can be purchased including a base plate for ceiling mounting, tiling components to protect display edges and a platform cover to create a staging surface for items placed behind the display.
Planar LookThru will begin shipping in Summer 2019 and is available through Leyard and Planar’s global network of authorized resellers.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!