Drawing up an RFP for IT hardware? Read this first
What hardware your company buys now depends on what problems you need to solve and what is compatible within your existing framework.
Other considerations also need to be factored into an RFP, as pointed out in “The Technology Manager’s Guide: Tips for Buying IT Hardware.”
Here are just some of the questions that need to be answered:
- Storage: Should you have servers in house, depend on cloud storage or use a combination of the two?
- Security: What security and management issues need to be addressed?
- BYODs: Is it possible to control what devices employees use for company business?
- Equipment: What is already in use?
- Employees: How many are in house; how many work remotely?
An IT provider can only offer a viable solution after considering as many factors as possible. It’s not a question of leading with the hardware. Again, all elements relate to the problem that needs to be solved.
You’ll find even more aspects to consider in our FREE guide “Tips for Buying IT Hardware.”