Keeping your campus safe is a tall order.
In addition to training people, you’re responsible for all the hardware and security systems, such as access control, surveillance cameras, alarms and emergency notification systems.
Each presents its own unique specifications:
- Do you go with simple key cards?
- Do you install metal detectors?
- How are the surveillance cameras monitored?
- How many outlets will you use for your emergency notification systems?
And, don’t forget, everything needs to work together, including any pre-existing hardware there may be.
This free download, “The Technology Manager’s Guide: Tips for Buying Campus Safety Technology” walks you through the process of outlining an RFP.
The more items you consider beforehand makes for a better RFP; putting one together will take time and thought and input from a lot of people at your facility.
Review “Tips for Buying Campus Safety Technology” for the
- Questions you need to consider when formulating the RFP
- Tips to make implementation easier
- What to look for in an installer
- What problems other have faced