PCTEL, Inc. announces new 5G NR testing capabilities to support deployment of 5G and spectrum sharing technologies.
A single HBflex scanning receiver can simultaneously test mmWave and sub-6 GHz coverage, so operators have maximum flexibility when testing their 5G networks, according to the company.
The HBflex is part of the company’s portfolio of 5G solutions designed to enhance coverage and connectivity.
“PCTEL’s 5G scanning receivers have been adopted by dozens of network operators and their service companies in more than 20 countries worldwide,” said David Neumann, PCTEL’s Chief Executive Officer.
“As 5G deployments accelerate, PCTEL’s solutions will enable operators and end-users to take full advantage of all available spectrum, including mid-band frequencies worldwide and CBRS (Citizens Broadband Radio Service) in the United States,” added Neumann.
Key features of PCTEL’s 5G scanning receivers:
- Simultaneous testing across all technologies and bands
- Fast dual-port testing mode for 5G mmWave networks
- Simultaneous decoding of all Synchronization Signal Block (SSB) beams
- 64 beams on FR2 (mmWave) frequencies
- 8 beams on FR1 (sub-6 GHz) frequencies
- Support for 4G/5G dynamic spectrum sharing (DSS)
- Blind scan to simplify test setup by automatically detecting channels
In addition to its 5G testing solutions, PCTEL offers a 5G-ready antenna portfolio for outdoor and indoor applications including small cells, fleet, transit, smart cities, and Industrial IoT connectivity.
The solutions cover sub-6 GHz 5G frequencies including CBRS for spectrum sharing applications.
For more information, visit the company’s website.