Dell on Tuesday announced its Dell Hybrid Client designed to enable seamless access to work applications data regardless of whether they are delivered from the public cloud, private cloud or on the device.
According to Dell, the Dell Hybrid Client is the world’s first client computing software with hybrid cloud management that helps enable easy access to applications and data from the cloud or on the user’s device.
The expanded solution is designed deploy and maintain applications from a variety of locations without burdening IT teams or negatively impacting productivity.
“Features like built-in everyday productivity applications, browser security, and others are available out-of-the-box and managed through the cloud empowering employees to work how and where is best for them,” according to the company.
Dell Hybrid Client begins with single sign-on where users find their personalized desktop interface and cloud or virtual applications.
“At the core of Dell Hybrid Client sits an elevated experience for both employees and IT teams,” said Brooke Huling, Dell’s vice president of modern computing solutions group, in a statement.
“For employees, Dell Hybrid Client delivers the same, personalized experience regardless of the device you chose to work on. Everything you need is at your fingertips. For IT, we’ve opened access to multiple clouds enabling experiences to be scaled and customized for workforces at rapid pace.”
According to Dell, the solution provides:
- Endpoint Security and the ability to securely scale to thousands of users while protecting employee and company data via built-in security features like system lcokdown, secure boot, user file encryption and more.
- Simplified Workflow and secure access to web and virtual applications
- A consistent experience designed to help users find their applications and data on any supported desktop interface
- Faster collaboration with Zoom and Microsoft Teams clients running locally.
- Cloud provider flexibility with support and integration from Wyse management Suite’s multiple cloud vendors, including Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Comprehensive software support via ProSupport for software.
Dell Hybrid Client is currently available across a variety of desktop, VDI and mobile form factors, and the latest Dell Hybrid Client is available beginning March 26 for $60 per year per device.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!