Recent research found that eight in 10 experts feel an organization’s internal communication strongly impacts employee engagement. Likewise, nearly 90% agree that a robust internal communications program boosts business performance, while less than 50% of organizations understand the importance of strong internal communications and its impact on business productivity and employee experience.
In this day and age, an employee intranet has emerged as one of the strongest mediums of internal communication. An intranet that is regularly used and popular among the employees is more likely to foster high-quality communications within the organization.
Why intranets are essential for digital transformation
Intranets are an essential in today’s modern digital workplaces. It has become a connective layer that brings together employees in multiple ways.
This is achieved by empowering creative collaboration, enabling structured and spontaneous co-working, and delivering a portal where any update or piece of information can be easily found or disseminated. Employees who are separated by geography can reach out to peers immediately and have their challenges addressed.
Teammates can help each other and get timely answers to important questions, allowing them to be more productive and efficient. It also allows them to recognize each other for jobs well done.
Modern intranets are a powerful hub of communication and collaboration that seamlessly supports various employee requirements.
Setting up a modern employee intranet can be costly, slow, and often frustrating. SharePoint, one of the most popular intranet solutions, offers some amazing out-of-the-box features. However, these are often not enough to meet the needs of organizational users.
As a result, organizations have to engage in time consuming, resource intensive, and costly custom development of intranets.
Intranet-in-a-box allows organizations to bypass the common pitfalls and limitations of an out-of-the-box intranet implementation. It enables organizations to deliver a greater user experience and stay flexible toward growth.
What is Intranet-in-a-box
This is a ready-to-deploy set of pre-built web parts, themes, templates, and functionalities that enhances the intranet experience and enables organizations to launch a modern intranet without the usual hassles of custom development.
An Intranet-in-a-box solution enables organizations to implement a feature-rich and customized corporate intranet within weeks, rather than months.
It delivers a modern intranet that contains added functionalities, user-centric features, a high level of customizations, and much more.
It also allows the IT department to focus on its core tasks rather than spending valuable time and energy in enhancing the existing intranet.
8 benefits of choosing intranet-in-a-box
The concept of an intranet-in-a-box with pre-built configurations emerged several years ago. However, recently such solutions have experienced a significant surge in popularity, due to the following benefits:
1. Slashes the development time: Building a custom intranet is a huge undertaking, which could easily take over a year to develop from scratch. By the time your intranet is ready for production, most requirements will have changed. Constant enhancement requests from multiple teams and departments, bug fixing activities for recent features, new software versions, etc. can make intranet development an unending maze. Long development time also piles up the development costs. Intranet-in-a-box solutions are pre-configured with several thousand hours of customers’ requirements built into the product as a set of capabilities.
2. Reduces development costs: If your organization operates on a tight budget, you may not be able to afford the costs involved with building a custom intranet to suit the needs of your workforce. Custom development requires the efforts of developers, testers, analysts, project managers, and other professions. This results in a huge expense. Intranet-in-a-box significantly lowers the costs and complexities associated with custom intranet development.
3. Enables rapid deployment: In the fast-paced business world, challenges need to be addressed quickly. A solution like this allows organizations to rapidly deploy their corporate intranet within a few weeks as opposed to waiting for months, or even a year.
4. Delivers timely updates and new features: Most intranets fall into disuse, due to lack of maintenance. While users expect modern experiences, the IT department is not able to keep updating and custom developing new features to meet expectations, which results in the intranet becoming outdated. Intranet-in-a-box solutions continuously evolve and add new features to keep themselves ahead of the curve.
5. Leverages the cloud potential: The world is moving to the cloud, and most intranet-in-a-box solutions are cloud-based. It enables organizations to reap the benefits of modern, advanced, and secure cloud technologies, and take advantage of cloud servers, software, databases, storage, etc. When you subscribe to Microsoft 365, you can utilize Power Platform, Azure, and other workloads together with SharePoint Online to transform operations.
6. Invigorates Communication and Collaboration: Seamless collaboration and easy communication are two vital features of a corporate intranet. Intranet-in-a-box solutions available on the market today offer superior collaboration and communication capabilities.
7. Permits Business Agility: To achieve business success amid the intense competition, organizations need to stay dynamic and keep up with the ever-changing technology landscape. Intranet-in-a-box solutions are constantly updated with new and modern features to match the changing requirements of your organization and employees. Intranet-in-a-box enables organizations to stay nimble and act quickly.
8. Empowers Small Organizations: Small businesses with limited resources can’t afford to spend the time and money to build a custom intranet solution. Ready-to-deploy intranet-in-a-box solutions come packed with all the necessary features and require minimal effort from your internal resources. Even the maintenance and upgrades are taken care of by the provider.
Modern intranet is at the heart of successful organizations, and intranet-in-a-box is the simplest, fastest, and most cost-efficient way of setting up a hub for corporate communication and collaboration. It delivers functionalities to help enhance employee engagement, team productivity, and overall business management.
Intranet-in-a-box’s core functionalities enhance the user experience and enable flexibility to organizations. Whatever your needs might be, it allows you to implement a modern intranet that will meet your organization’s unique business needs.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!